Kolkata, March 17: The Eden Gardens is ready to host the high-voltage ICC World Twenty20 contest between India and Pakistan on Saturday (March 19).
Here are 10 facts about the big clash on Saturday (WT20 schedule) .
1. It will be the first time an India-Pakistan T20I will be played at Kolkata’s Eden Gardens
2. Pakistan have never lost a limited overs game (ODI) to India at Eden Gardens. They won all 4, in 1987, 1989, 2004 and 2013
3. Pakistan hold a 100 per cent T20I win record at Kolkata, having beaten Bangladesh by 55 runs on Tuesday (March 16) in World T20
4. This match was to be played in Dharamsala but later shifted to Kolkata due to security concerns raised by Pakistan team
5. Having lost their opening game to New Zealand, India need to win against Pakistan to keep their hopes alive for semi-finals 6. So far India and Pakistan have played 7 T20Is. India have lost only once (in Bengaluru in 2012)
7. Mahendra Singh Dhoni has captained India in all of the previous 7 T20Is against Pakistan. He will again be at the helm on Saturday
8. Pakistan have had 3 different captains – Mohammad Hafeez (4 games) and Shoaib Malik (2) and Shahid Afridi (1). Afridi will lead the side in Kolkata
9. From the current squads, Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh, Hafeez, Afridi and Malik had featured in the World T20 2007 final, which India won
10. Pakistan have never beaten India in World T20 history. India won all 4 contests (2 in 2007, 1 in 2012, 1 in 2014)
India: MS Dhoni (captain and wicketkeeper), Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Shikhar Dhawan, Harbhajan Singh, Ravindra Jadeja, Virat Kohli, Mohammed Shami, Pawan Negi, Ashish Nehra, Hardik Pandya, Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh.
Pakistan: Shahid Afridi (captain), Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Sarfraz Ahmed (wicketkeeper), Imad Wasim, Anwar Ali, Mohammad Irfan, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Aamir, Mohammad Nawaz, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Sami, Khalid Latif, Ahmed Shehzad.