BANGLORE VS MUMBAI Live
Tournament Name: Indian Premier League IPL 2017.
Match Name: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Mumbai Indians ( RCB vs MI )
Date: Friday 14th April 2017
Time Local Time 20: 00 IST
Stadium: M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
- AB de Villiers’ good form and the return of Virat Kohli have come as a huge relief for the RCB.
- MI have won four of their last five matches against RCB including both the matches last season.
- MI have a terrific record at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium, beating RCB six times in seven matches.
Virat Kohli(c), AB de Villiers, Chris Gayle, Yuzvendra Chahal, Harshal Patel, Mandeep Singh, Adam Milne, Sarfaraz Khan, Sreenath Aravind, Kedar Jadhav, Shane Watson, Stuart Binny, Samuel Badree, Iqbal Abdulla, Travis Head, Sachin Baby, Avesh Khan, Tabraiz Shamsi, Pawan Negi, Tymal Mills, Praveen Dubey, Aniket Choudhary, Billy Stanlake, Vishnu Vinod
Rohit Sharma(c), Kieron Pollard, Lasith Malinga, Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu, Jasprit Bumrah, Shreyas Gopal, Lendl Simmons, Vinay Kumar, Parthiv Patel, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nitish Rana, Siddhesh Lad, Jagadeesha Suchith, Hardik Pandya, Jos Buttler, Tim Southee, Jitesh Sharma, Krunal Pandya, Deepak Punia, Saurabh Tiwary, Nicholas Pooran, Mitchell Johnson, Karn Sharma, Asela Gunaratne, Krishnappa Gowtham, Kulwant Khejroliya
Stats that matter
- On a small ground, chasing seems to be the preferred way to go. In 10 T20s at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium before Royal Challengers’ successful defence of 157 against Delhi Daredevils in the previous game, five scores of over 200 were defended and the five totals under 200 were successfully chased.
- Chris Gayle’s weakness against right-arm spinners has been accentuated in the IPL. He has scored 771 runs in 574 balls in the IPL, at a strike rate of 134, and has been dismissed 19 times in 56 innings in which he has faced right-arm spinners. Against Harbhajan Singh, Gayle has scored just 65 runs in 65 balls in the IPL, with three dismissals.
- Using left-arm spin to limit damage against AB de Villiers, Against left-arm spinners, de Villiers has scored 448 runs in 330 balls, at a strike rate of 135.75. He has also been dismissed nine times in 46 innings.
Who can Mumbai use? Krunal Pandya has conceded just seven runs in 10 balls against de Villiers. Krunal dismissed him twice in the last season.
- Royal Challengers have been Lasith Malinga’s only nemesis in the IPL. He has taken just 13 wickets against Royal Challengers at an an average of 36 – his worst average against any team in the IPL.
At the M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Malinga has taken 5 wickets in 20 overs, at an average of 31.80 and an economy rate of 7.95, his worst at any venue where he’s bowled at least 20 overs.
- Malinga v de Villiers? De Villiers has scored 71 runs in 42 balls against Malinga without being dismissed. Malinga has a T20 economy rate of 6.74, compared to 10.14 against de Villiers.
- In the 2016 IPL, Virat Kohli had a single: dot ball ratio of 1.58 (291 singles: 184 dot balls). By contrast, Gayle had a single:dot ball ratio of 0.322 (29 singles: 90 dot balls).